How the Together Trust uses your personal information
This Privacy Notice tells you what to expect in relation to personal information about you which is collected, handled and processed by Blue Octopus Recruitment Limited (Blue Octopus) and the Together Trust (the Together Trust).
Both organisations adhere to the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
Under the regulation:
The Together Trust of Together Trust Centre, Schools Hill, Cheadle, SK8 1JE is the Data Controller for information provided by you when you apply to one of its vacancies. The Controller decides how and why we use your personal data and consequently is responsible for keeping your information secure.
Blue Octopus Recruitment Limited (BOCL) of Octo House, 2 Station Road, Otley, LS21 3HX is the Data Processor. They process personal data on behalf of the controller under the controller’s instructions. In this case, information you provide sits on BOCL’s hosted service.
The information the Together Trust may request from Blue Octopus:
We collect, hold and process personal information about you including (but not limited to):
- Your name
- Your address
- Your email address (This may be used to contact you by our HR or Learning and Development department if you are successful in your application).
- Your telephone number
- CV/work history
- Job preferences including role, geographical areas and salary
- Any other work related information you provide, for example, education or training certificates
We also ask you to provide some more sensitive information such as your racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, if you consider yourself to have a disability or health condition and your sexual orientation. This is collected as part of our commitment to equal opportunities monitoring. This information is anonymous and held separately from your application. It is not provided to staff involved in your recruitment. We only collect and process this information with your explicit consent and you are not obliged to provide this information to the us if you do not want to.
The legal basis used for processing your information:
The Together Trust will rely on your consent to process the information provided by you when you are applying for one of our employment vacancies. Information will then be processed according to our legitimate interests in order to facilitate recruitment for a vacancy.
If you are offered a position with us we will provide you with further information about the data we collect and why it is processed during our recruitment checks.
How is personal data used?
Information given freely by yourself when applying for a position is captured by Blue Octopus. This is then accessed by the Together Trust for recruiting purposes.
How long is personal data retained by the Together Trust?
We hold information we collect about you for different periods of time depending on the data:
- If you are unsuccessful in relation to a vacancy, the information contained within your application and any accompany documents are kept for 6 months after we receive these.
- If you are invited to an interview and you are unsuccessful, any notes or accompanying documents are retained for 6 months after your final interview.
- If you are offered a role, any documentation or data obtained as part of your application/interview will be transferred to create a permanent HR file. During recruitment checks, further information about the data we collect, how long it is stored, and why it is processed will be issued to you.
The Together Trust and security
We have access to your information through the Blue Octopus website. Only authorised staff for that vacancy have access to your information and use it for recruitment purposes. This information is not held by us on our own servers unless you have been offered a job.
How do I know what Information you have retained about me?
You may request a copy of all personal data held about you in our role as Data Controller.
Requests should be made by emailing email@example.com or writing to:
Data Protection Officer, Together Trust Centre, Schools Hill, Cheadle, SK8 1JE.
You also have other rights regarding how your personal data is used and kept safe. We have produced a guide ‘Know your rights’ to explain these in more detail. This can be found on our website at https://www.togethertrust.org.uk/
To exercise any of these rights please contact our Data Protection Officer.
You can also see any information you have provided through your Blue Octopus account or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Transfer of Data
Data is only transferred between Blue Octopus and The Together Trust to facilitate recruitment processing. Data is not transferred to any other third parties without your consent.
We take any complaints about our collection and use of personal information very seriously.
If you think that our collection or use of personal information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate, or have any other concern about our data processing, please raise this with us in the first instance by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
Alternatively, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office:
- Report a concern online at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
- Call 0303 123 1113
- Or write to: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF